Pancakes! An icon of breakfasts across the country, thus the influx of pancake houses and pre-made mixes easy to be found in any grocery store.
Today I am sharing with you, as promised here, the exact recipe I made that day. That way next time you feel a panic coming on, you can make pancakes too!
Let’s get cooking!
Recipe of the Month: Don’t Panic Pancakes!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1-2 tbsp sugar (honey, stevia etc will do)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- Mix dry ingredients (first 4) in a bowl
- Mix Wet ingredients next in a separate bowl
- Mix the two together, and let sit 5 minutes at least
- While waiting, preheat and lightly oil your pan
- pour in the amount of batter you want for the size of pancakes you’d like to make. (I use 1/4 cup for medium size)
- when bubbles appear on the surface, flip
- when the bottom is golden brown remove, add toppings if so desired.
Make Them Fancy!
We like to dress our pancakes up, here are a few of our favorites if you’d like to try them out:
- Cinnamon and banana in the mix, add cinnamon to the dry and mashed banana to the wet, before cooking
- whipped cream and strawberries
- blueberries to the mix, I find adding them to the pancakes as they cook best, topped with maple syrup
- icing sugar, white chocolate chips and raspberries
- chocolate chips in the mix, and topped with sliced strawberries
What’s your favorite way to eat pancakes? Share in the comments below!